Because beets are the most versatile vegetables. They are so fantastic in whatever form or shape: baked, steamed, mashed or in fluid. Throw them in the oven wrapped in foil for an hour or so and you will get such a juicy thing. Mash it with sweet potato or turn it into a juice with avocado, celery and apple. Beetroot is rock and roll in the kitchen!INGREDIENTS
4 mixed beetroot and their greens
200 g smoked salmon
100 g goat cheese
soya cooking cream
small handful olives
2 tablespoons dutch apple syrup
200 ml extra virgin olive oil
50 ml tarragon vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Remove the greens from the beets by twisting, dont cut!
2 .Wash the beetroots and wrap individually in foil and bake them in the oven: small beets take one hour, big ones up to 2 hours. They have be soft, check by squeezing a little. Let them cool, peel off the outer skin and shave or cut in thin slices. If you use pre-cooked beets so can slice them straight away.
3. Mince the salmon and finely chop 1/4 of the avocado. Mix well and add seasoning. Cover and put away in the fridge.
4. Prepare the vinaigrette: Blitz together the vinegar, mustard, honey olive oil and little salt until one smooth sauce. Do you have fresh basil? Add and blitz as well. Stir in the capers.
6. In a little saucepan warm up the cream, when it start to boils take of the heat and whisk in crumbled goat cheese and if you have blue cheese to a slight stiff substance.
7. Wash and tear the beet greens and mix with other leaves like rocket or.
8. Slice the remaining avocado, halve the olives and mix them with the salad leaves.
9. Remove the salmon from the fridge
10. Pile a firm amount of salad on your plate. Use a cooking ring to make your salmon tartar. Then make your beetroot tower with the cooking ring. Alter layers of beetroot with the cheese cream, start and finish with beetroot slices, make sure you carefully lift the ring.
11. Warm up the syrup and drop a spoonful of melted syrup on top of the tower. Drizzle vinaigrette over your salad and a little on the salmon and serve up!!