Its great to mash things up. Throw in some other chopped up bits and you’ll have a delicious mess. Its so easy and the thumbs always go up.
The sweet potato is well shaped to be mashed and whilst it was summer I picked the super healthy chard as a side kick. Pink was sort of the theme color here so I chose beets, red spring onions and salmon for extra toppings. Result? They are a smashing team!
INGREDIENTS serves 2
2 sweet potatoes
2 chard stems
1 bunch of red spring onions
200 g smoked salmon
50 g parmesan cheese
sea salt, mixed ground pepper
1. Peel and roughly chop the sweet potatoes, Steam for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Rub the beet with a little olive oil and wrap in foil, bake in the oven for one hour. Skip this step if you use pre cooked beets. Let it cool, remove the skin en chop in small cubes.
3. Wash and shred the chard in thin strips.
4. Mash the sweet patato with a drop of olive oil, grated parmezan cheese, ground pepper and sea salt.
5. Gently fold in the beet and shredded chard to one mixture. Put the lid on to keep it warm.
7. Grill the salmon in its own oil in a hot grill pan and then shred. Continue to grill the spring onions
8. Divide the mash over the plates and serve with the salmon and spring onions. Now indulge and scrape the pan!